church_building_tri.jpg

Archives

Historical Documents

After moving to the present building, the church produced a 12-page Brochure about the church describing the building details. 

Our church is mentioned in the 1985 book Sacred Places of San Francisco - Excerpt 

For several years the church building was home to the San Francisco Baptist Theological Seminary.  The seminary library, offices and classrooms were located in the east wing.  The entrance was on the east side and the address was 1225 Franklin Street.  Here is the Seminary Catalog describing the school and has a list of courses. 

In 1987 the San Francisco Baptist Theological Seminary was converted into The Baptist College and Graduate School of the West.  This involved expanding the curricula to support the expansion of the course offererings for preparing Christian workers and pastors.  Undergraduate classes were held initially at Foothill Baptist Church in Castro Valley, California.  This Catalog describes more fully the history and purpose of the college's founding.


Hamilton Square Baptist Church welcomes and appreciates any feedback or suggestions to this Archive.  Please contact Rick Womack: Archives@hamiltonsquare.org